Next Stop Nowhere
I worked as a Technical Narrative Designer at Well Told Entertainment in collaboration with Night School Studio on Next Stop Nowhere, a narrative adventure game developed exclusively for Apple Arcade.
- Interpreted branching written script to design levels and scripted sequences.
- Technical gameplay implementation in Unity using proprietary visual scripting tools and C#.
- Helped create and iterate on layouts, story structure, and interactivity for levels consistent with narrative goals. Brought levels from greybox to production quality.
- Collaborated closely with Art and Animation teams on important story beats.
- Tested and fixed design-related bugs across the game.
AfterpartyI worked as a Technical Game Designer at Night School Studio (the creators of Oxenfree!!) on Afterparty, a game about two best friends trying to escape Hell by winning a drinking contest with Satan.
- Designed and scripted gameplay interactions in Unity.
- Implemented quests from narrative design team’s branching script using proprietary visual scripting tools and Unity editor tools including Timelines and Particle Systems.
- Staged NPCs, camera movement, and environment animations for playable cutscenes.
- Used Wwise to implement, update, and polish dialogue and sound effect audio.
ElemenTerraI worked as a Level Designer on ElemenTerra, a VR world-building puzzle game published by Starbreeze. Over the course of my contract, I created the game’s 7-10 minute level in Unreal Engine 4.
ElemenTerra won the Environmental Design Award at IndieCade Europe 2019! You can read more about it here :)
- Built out the level through concept, paper map, greybox, and production phases.
- Iterated on design based on feedback from daily playtests.
- Used existing assets to populate the majority of the level.
- Collaborated closely with an environment artist to develop and fine-tune visuals for portions that would need unique art.
- Wrote design documentation and playtest questions for the team to refer back to post contract.